Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kate's First Figure Competition Experience

Hey everyone,

This is certainly a long awaited blog post, but today I'm going to share my first figure competition experience.

Deciding to compete in bodybuilding is an extremely hard decision. There is definitely alot of trial and error. In fact, if bodybuilding has given me anything, it has taught me to have patience!

Throughout the entire year, I stayed around 130 lbs and through an extremely short prep was able to get to 125lb on stage.

However I ran into a road block early in my prep phase. At 8 weeks out, I was a mere 115 lbs! I am 5'4 and I had never weighed this little in my life, and more importantly I did not feel healthy.
My diet contained no fats, so my skin and hair were extremely dry and brittle. My hair was constantly falling out. I looked and felt as if I had an eating disorder. My grades were starting to slip and both my friends and family were nervous for my well being.




(These pictures were at my lowest point in prep) 

 I knew that I needed to make a change. I started to incorporate healthy fats and  more calories into my diet and I actually gained 10 lbs during the last 8 weeks of prep. I showed up on stage feeling strong and beautiful. The huge bonus of it all was that I actually won my first figure show at only 18 years old.


However, It's not about the first place trophy that gave me so much. It was the whole journey, the highs and lows, that made me into a stronger person. It was the sense of accomplishment and empowerment that I want to you all to aspire to achieve in your life time.

In this life, no one will hand you anything. You WILL fail, but its up to you to get back up and overcome all the difficult. So go out there and earn it!

Watch my full figure competition experience right here:


Stayed tuned till next week,

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment